No content flashes more than three times per second
To make websites as safe as possible for all users, you must limit the amount of flashing media. Flashing content can harm the health of some users.
What this means
Don’t add anything to your website that flashes more than three times a second.
- This builds on Guideline 2.3.1 by removing an exception that I recommend you ignore anyway.
- Remember, flashing is different to blinking (see Guideline 2.2.2).
- Guideline 2.2.2 – Pause, Stop, Hide
- Guideline 2.3.1 – Three Flashes or Below
- Understanding Success Criterion 2.3.2 (W3C)
Free Developer Resources
Join over 3,700 subscribers on my weekly web accessibility email and get free developer resources like WCAG Checklists and special offers.
Over 600 developers like you have learned more about the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines with my guidebook.